Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Catch Up....

Happy Sunday! I hope that your Thanksgiving Holiday was nice and that you had a chance to spend some time with family and friends! I took a bit of a break from everything for the last several weeks (except work and my family) Some type of virus hit me pretty hard with severe headaches, neck pain, dizziness and it even attacked my vision intermittently. I am feeling much better now, but at one point I thought I might need to see a doctor.

This Thanksgiving was a bit harder than some previous ones. It was just my younger son and I. We are used to being around more family and friends over the years. We went to Cracker Barrel because it just seemed a bit pointless to cook a huge feast for two. Next year should be better for us because we hope to move back to our old small town. We were very thankful to be back in Florida this year and I am grateful to be working for my old employer who taught me my trade. Thank you for following my blog over the past four years! I have learned so much from all of your comments and really appreciate the friendships that have grown! So many of you are quilters that I follow on either blogs, Flickr or Instagram.

This weekend I am working on catching up on very late projects that should have been mailed. Work has been extremely busy and exhausting. Even my best laid plans to sew on some weekends just didn't happen from being tired. On my cut table are some blocks for a fabric basket and a mug rug for a friend that need to be sewn together and quilted.
The picture below is of a mini quilt for a swap on Instagram. The fabric basket in progress above will go out with the mini quilt. (Better late than never) There are also two fabric baskets pinned and ready for quilting. One is for the Fabric Basket Swap and the other is a gift that will go out with a row that I am behind on! I like to stack and pin as many small projects for quilting, to make the most of my time in front of the machine. 
This stack is at the end of my ironing board with strips for my friend Mary's row for the Strip Quilters Bee on Flickr. The aqua and green fabric is to line one of the fabric baskets. There are also about eight bee blocks yet to make. I wish I had felt better to be able to sew all weekend, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. My goal is to mail as much as possible by Wednesday. Sitting in a box is a my Scrappy Trip Along Quilt top that Wendi (PRSD4TIM2) made for me in trade for my GoCutter. Hopefully there will be time to put together a quilt back in the next several and get it mailed off for quilting.
I will try to post a giveaway next week for December! We are skipping Christmas this year due to moving again in January. Unfortunately I just can't afford to do both. Luckily my sons are grown up enough to understand our predicament! There will be a final mailing for domestic mail for the Birthday Club this month. A new sign sheet up will begin for next years club this month. Due to International mailing rates skyrocketing...enrollment for the Birthday Club will be limited to the United States and Canada only for 2014. Well I better run for now! Have a Happy Sunday and Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Your mini quilts are gorgeous and sure your partner will be delighted.Have a fun week!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Make the holidays what you want, not what is expected. There were only 3 of the 4 of us this year for Thanksgiving (the rest of our families live 1200 miles away) so, we had shrimp scampi for lunch instead of the 'traditional' feast. It was great! I'm thinking of suggesting it again next year.