Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Nice Slow Sunday...

Happy Sunday! The weekend always passes by too quickly! Yesterday my son and I took several carloads of stuff to donate to the Hospice Thrift Shop. It felt good to declutter and lighten our load a bit. 

My blog sponsors several swaps on Flickr. Partner assignments will go out this evening for the November Edition of the Monthly Fabric Swap Group and the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap. Packages went out earlier in the week to the ladies that participated in the Text Me a Charm Swap. For those of you that love Anna Maria Horner Fabrics, the sign up for Round Two of the Anna Maria Horner Charm Swap is now open in the Flickr Group! If you are interested in finding out how this swap works, please visit the Flickr Group.

I finished two more small projects this week. My mug rug the Mug Rug Revival Group on Flickr went out in the mail with some extra fun goodies for my partner. I used Collage Fabric from Such Designs and some linen. The Mug Rug is free pieced.
For Quilt Around the World II Bee on Flickr, I made a Wonky Star using Briar Rose Fabric by Heather Ross for Windham Fabrics. This block is actually the last block in the trip and will travel home to Courtney.
The winner from last week's Bloggy Giveaway will be announced this evening! I still have some chores to finish and some sewing to do in the daylight. My older is son is stopping by for lunch today also. Have a Happy Sunday and Happy Quilting.

7 comments:

suemac said...

I appreciate all the swaps you sponsor. I have been in several of them.

Needled Mom said...

Your mug rug is just fabulous.

krisgray said...

De-cluttering is good for the soul! Your mug rug is adorable, what a lucky partner you have!

Quiltingranny said...

Very nice mug rug Leona, I love the colors and the way you put it together!

Cheryl said...

I love the star with the Heather Ross fabrics and the solids

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That frog in the center block reminds me of the 'Froggy' book series for kids. Sew cute!

Love Of Quilts said...

Cute mud rug. Pretty star block. Have a great week.