Sunday, October 27, 2013

Simple and Sweet Scrappy Swap Ready to Mail...

Happy Sunday! The weekend seems to be flying by! My sewing projects this weekend include one Mug Rug and two Needle Books for different swaps. The pictures below are of a Needle Book that is ready to mail with some goodies for my secret partner in the "Simple & Sweet Scrappy Swap" on Flickr. She will also receive some fat eighths and notions in her package.
I have to admit that I just love the look of scrappy patchwork! I used some cute Japanese Prints with some text and other scraps from my stash. I did not follow a pattern. The Needle Book measures 5 1/2" Tall X 5" Wide. This is the front of it:
The back of it is just as cute! I used straight line quilting and added a yummy ribbon to tie the book closed.
The inside of the Needle Book has divided pockets for needles and notions. The wool felt is double stitched in the center.  
I am working on a second Needle Book for another swap. I used different fabrics and will post about it once my partner receives it. The Mug rug is sewn and still needs to be quilted. Well, I better run for now. Please be sure to enter the Bloggy Giveaway posted below. Have a Happy Sunday and Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

So sweet!

Needled Mom said...

That is soooo cute. I love your fabric choices.

Kay said...

Just gorgeous, I am sure it will be loved.

suemac said...

Very cute. With all my hexie projects I should probably make myself a needlebook.

Wendy said...

A cute needle keep.