Sunday, April 8, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 12...

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope that your Easter or Passover holiday is filled with good food, family and friends! My holiday has been pretty uneventful. I have had plenty of time to sew this weekend and have been finishing up my mini quilt for Doll Quilt Swap 12. This swap is a flickr swap that is filled with many talented quilters. 
My Bernina is being a bit persnickety and I think it needs to go into the shop for some service. When I went to quilt my doll quilt I had to pick out rows and rows of the lines of quilting because it looped in several places on the back of the quilt. Perhaps making the curtains and working with the heavier fabric fabrics made go out of whack!
For this mini I made wonky flying geese and used Anna Maria Horner's fabrics along with some Lizzie House. Tonight I will put the binding on the doll quilt and send it off tomorrow with the goodies. I hope that my partner will like it! This is a picture of the mini quilt:
 
My partner will also receive some extra goodies. A zipper pouch, a Modern Workshop charm pack and a cute little notebook for her purse. I love the range of colors and design in the charm pack!
All of the Birthday Club packages for April are finished and will be mailed on Friday the 13th! Well, I better get back to sewing! Have a very Happy Sunday and Happy Quilting!!

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Love the mini quilt! What a great colour scheme. Plus extra goodies! =D

Cindy said...

Your mini looks great.

Snoodles said...

Happy Easter to you! That mini is so cute - I really like the flying geese going in opposite directions. It's interesting and bold - both things that I need to work on! LOL The zipper pouch and notebook look adorable!

quilary said...

Happy Easter Leona.
That's a very cute doll quilt and some nice goodies going to your lucky partner.