Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks

On my way home from work I stopped at my local grocery store and in the magazine aisle were copies of "Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks from today's top designers, Volume 2!"   I was so surprised to see it on the newsstand  early, but very happy to purchase it! The price of the issue was only $6.99! The magazine is filled with block designs from many well known designers such as Nancy Halvorsen, Julie Herman from Jaybird Quilts, Darlene Zimmerman, Patty Young, Kimberly Jolly from The Fat Quarter Shop, Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle and many, many more! The issue includes many paper templates and hints on techniques. The possibilites for design ideas are just endless! The size of the finished blocks in this collector's edition is 12" (12 1/2" before seam allowances) If you participate in any block swaps this is a perfect go to reference for ideas.
Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks is jampacked and well worth the price. It will make a great addition to your quilting library. I purchased Volume one last year and have thoroughly enjoyed it! Happy Sewing!   

7 comments:

Pokey said...

I sure enjoyed last year's copy, and I need to go to the grocery store, too....
:-}pokey

june said...

Thanks for the shout out! Do you know about the 100 Blocks Blog Tour going on this week? Friday is the last day at www.quiltmaker.com/quiltypleasures (can sign up for some chances to win big prizes til Monday!) --june

crafty pug said...

can you give a bit more info about publisher etc? looks fantastic, but i presume ill have to work a bit harder to find it in oz?
xx

Brigitte said...

I hope I can find a copy here where I live. Sometimes the quilt mags can be so hard to find.
www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

Sue B said...

I have to laugh, I am asking the same question as Crafty pugs, if you can let us know their web address so we can purchase it online - or we might have to make you an order taker lol. (only joking).

Stray Stitches said...

Wow! They actually put it on the shelves early - luck you!

quilary said...

It looks fabulous, I stopped by a few blogs in the blog tour hoping to win one!